OFFICIAL REGULATION ALGARVE GREAT DERBY 2017
Regulation and prize values refer to a participation of 2400 Pigeons (Pigeons Paid). If this number is not reached, all prizes and other criteria will be adjusted according to the percentage of participants.
1. Participation is open to all pigeons, national and international, and all must have an official ring approved by the International Pigeon Federation (FCI) for the year 2017.
2. The price for each team will be 400 € composed of 4 pigeons (3 + 1) and 3 will be effective and one reserve. All Participants who send more than 12 Pigeons will be divided by team due to participation in the FCI Pigeons Grand Prix. The substitute pigeon will participate in all the qualifying events for all the prizes in dispute until the semi-final, if it reaches the final test and the team still maintains the 4 elements the substitute pigeon can be activated to participate in the final race for the value of 150 €, in case the owner does not activate it can be activated by third parties, in this case the value of the prize that the pigeon may eventually win will be for who activated it, the Reserve Pigeon will always participate in the final, and will count for the The team in which they are Register.
3. There will be a unique activation period for the owner and the last 48 hours of the activation period extended to third parties, this information will be exclusively on the website www.algarvegreatderby.com so it is indispensable the consult of the website.
Very Important: All Reserve Pigeons must be activated to qualify for the prizes in the final race, if the team still maintains the 4 elements.
If the team have 3 or less pigeons for the final race the reserve pigeon will be automatically activated. The Pigeons of the 9 + 1 Free Teams are all automatically activated.
4. The Participant who activated the Pigeon for the final will be entitled to the value of the prize won by the pigeon and not of the value of the auction of the same this value will be of the Owner of the Pigeon as well as the prizes material.
Note: ALGARVE GREAT DERBY DO NOT MAKE EXCHAGES WITH OTHER OLR. All Pigeons must be titled in the individual name of the Participant or on behalf of a team chosen by the Participant. (No Owner of any OLR will benefit from Special Conditions of Participation in the Algarve Great Derby having to activate their Reserve Pigeons if this is the case).
5. Each participant will be able to register the teams that he / she understands, being that a participant that registers 9 teams the organization will offer a free team 9 + 1
This Free Team all the Pigeons are activated. Groups of participants may be formed to take advantage of the offer team as long as the team name has something in common.
6. If any pigeon gets lost in the adduction can be replaced until May 31, 2017, without extra costs, owners will be contacted by the organization whenever a replacement is required.
7.The reception of the pigeons takes place from 01 April to 31 May 2017 and must be with the respective property title and Pedigree with the address and contact of the Owner as well as the IBAN number in which they wish to receive the prizes.
8. The Pigeons for adduction must be 40 to 45 days old and will be housed in the Columbodromo of Clube Columbófilo Bias do Sul, built for this purpose, being the responsibility of the Clube Columbófilo Bias do Sul Direction Board.
9. Pigeons should be vaccinated against PMV within 10 days prior to shipment.
Will be sent to:
Columbiafilo Group Bias do Sul
Pombal Algarve Great Derby
Rua das Fontes Santas nº2 8700 Bias do Sul – Olhão.
You should indicate the Grupo Columbófilo Bias do Sul as the recipient of the order, in all cases the organization should be contacted to schedule the delivery.
For international shipments, you should contact our international promoter (contacts on the web site).
10. The pigeons should be accompanied by a certificate of vaccination in the country of origin and this is an essential rule for pigeon participation in the Algarve Great Derby. Card property and pedigree in closed envelope that will only be opened by the organization after the final race.
IMPORTANT NOTE The first 240 classifieds in the final will be entitled to 50% of the value of the sale of the Pigeon if the number of 2,400 pigeons paid is not reached this number will be adjusted based on the 10% of the pigeon paid and if the number is higher this number will also increase According to this criteria. If the pigeon is not accompanied by a pedigree, the Participant will not be entitled to 50% of the Pigeon’s Sale Value. The value of the auctions will be credited to the accounts of the participants only after their delivery and payment in case the pigeon is returned for lack of payment the participant will be informed.
VERY IMPORTANT : The Algarve Great Derby does not have a Sales Website so the auctions will be organized by websites chosen by the organization but independent, all payments of pigeons purchased at an auction should be made to the websites where they were tendered.
11.You can make your registration by email firstname.lastname@example.org or directly on the website www.algarvegreatderby.com and after that and within 15 days make a deposit of 50% of the registration fee to guarantee your participation.
12. In case of withdrawal this value is not refundable. Registration can be paid in cash by bank transfer, in this case with expenses paid by the sender.
NIB: 0046 0340 0060 0139 007 19
IBAN: PT50 0046 0340 0060 0139 007 19
13. After entering in the loft the pigeons are taken care of by the Algarve Great Derby organization, and their property is transferred to the Clube Columbofilo Bias do Sul.
14. The amounts payable as stipulated in the disputed amounts, will be subject to the rates in force according to the general regime of award of prizes and with the Portuguese law that at the moment is fixed at 35%.
15. The Races, semi-final and final race will be organized by the technical council of the Clube Columbofilo Bias do Sul, with the supervision of elements of the technical councils of our partner Clubs, the Final will be supervised by the designated FCI Elements For the Effect.
The pigeons will be accompanied to the place of release by members of the technical councils of our partner clubs who will supervise the release that will be carried out with the support of a national meteorologist indicated by the FPC
16. In the loft pigeons will be regularly reviewed by the Veterinarian
17. Any eventuality that causes conflicts, not covered by this regulation will be resolved by the organization, being governed by the National laws of Portugal, and this decision will be sovereign.
18. The official regulation will be in Portuguese and will be placed on the website of the event, since any translation in another language may cause misinterpretations.
19. The pigeons will be housed in the Lofts of Clube Columbofilo Bias do Sul and so that there are the same conditions for all the pigeons, they will have only perches and there will be no separation of sexes.
20.There will be disputed in the Algarve Great Derby 2017, 5 contests, including semi-final, final and 5 Hot Spots plus Championship pigeon ace. 150,000.00 € (One Hundred and Fifty thousand Euros) in case of entering 2400 Pigeons Paid.
21. In order to win the Ace Pigeon, the pigeon must participate in the final race In case of a points tie after the completion of the 5 competitions, the pigeon with the best classification in the final race will be the winner of the Ace Pigeon prize. In all races, the classification ends after the arrival of 50% of the pigeons that have been hit in the first race of this championship, or at most 8 hours after the arrival of the first pigeon (counting dead hours, if any).
22. Pigeons that do not return, at the time of verification, in the final race, will not be included in this Ace Pigeon competition.
23. The winner will be the pigeon with the highest sum of points from the 5 contests, including semi final and final Race.
24. The Loft is located in one of the most beautiful areas of the Algarve, 500mts from one of the 7 natural wonders of Portugal to ria formosa. It is 2 Kilometers from the magnificent city of Olhão, birthplace of Ria Formosa and famous for its islands (Fuseta Island and Armona) and gastronomy (seafood and fish) just 15 kilometers from Faro International Airport. The event is managed by a team, all of them with many years of experience in pigeon racing and event organization.
Meteorological Support Available from FPC
National and International Collaborators will be post on the event website.
Official Veterinarian of Clube Columbofio Bias do Sul , Dr. Luis Miguel
Clube Columbofilo Bias do Sul and its collaborators
The pigeons arrival verification system in training and races is an official electronic system and authorized by FPC Benzing Brand.
25. The Loft is equipped with new Speed antennas capable of registering more than 1000 pigeons per minute without failing a single registration. We want to give participants a guarantee of reliability in the results presented, the results can be followed in all races in the OLR live system of Benzing prepared for the OLR
26. All training and Races to be disputed and scheduled, may be altered for meteorological reasons, or others unrelated to the organization. The decision of the organization is sovereign.
27. All pigeons entering the loft will be assigned an electronic chip. All pigeons will be auctioned and the first 240 pigeons classified in the final race or another number that will be found according to the percentage of pigeons paid, 50% of the revenue (less expenses with the 30% sale and with the Photos) will be For the participant and the other 50% for the organization.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The value of the auctions will be credited to the account of the Participants after the end of all auctions, and the delivery of the pigeons is successful and there is payment by the buyer otherwise they will return to the auction.
The Organization wishes for all participants a pleasant experience and a great journey of pigeon sport